Drosophila is a genus of small flies, belonging to the family Drosophilidae, whose members are often called “fruit flies” or more appropriately vinegar flies, wine flies, pomace flies, grape flies, and picked fruit-flies, a reference to the characteristic of many species to linger around overripe or rotting fruit. (taken from wikipedia).
They linger. They reproduce like crazy. They suck billy goat.
Fortunately, there is a sure fire way to rid yourself of them and have a good time while doing it.
How to get rid of fruit flies:
- Buy a bottle of Magnotta Vidal Ice Wine from your local liquor store. It runs about $30-50 per bottle.
- Pour an ounce or so into a small espresso cup.
- Leave the cup on counter overnight.
- Drink rest of Magnotta Vidal Ice Wine. Play a little Wii Teniis.
- Wake up completely hung over and sick from overdoing it on the ice wine Wii Tennis and find that fruit flies also enjoy Magnotta Vidal Ice Wine:
Poor buggers. Just don’t know when to stop. But, if you have to die at all, drowning in ice wine would probably be right up there on my list of ways to go.